Shawnee United Methodist Church is on a spiritual journey to Connect, Equip, and Restore in the name of Jesus Christ
Our mission is to CONNECT people to the Father through the power of worshipping Him, and to connect people with one another. We EQUIP disciples in intentional faith by forming groups and organizing our lives in such way to be generous in the work God has for us. We will RESTORE our community by undertaking challenging missions to spread the word of Jesus’ love, and by doing works of justice to put that love into action
We encourage you to share your thoughts and concerns on a formal SUMC response to General Conference with our Leadership Board (Sue Dickerson, Sue Iden, Roger Rhodes, Shelly Davis, Roy Baldridge, Esther Baldridge, Sharla Murphy, Judy Crawford) and Pastor Bryan. The Leadership Board will prepare a proposal at an All-Church Member Meeting on April 29 at 6:30pm. Any formal statement or action deemed appropriate will be discussed, and if necessary, voted upon at that meeting. You must be a member to attend. If you need contact information for any of our Leadership Board members, please contact the office.
Click here to be directed to John Wesley’s 22 Questions from the UMC Website.
These are 22 questions the members of John Wesley’s Holy Club asked themselves every day in their private devotions over 200 years ago.
- Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that I am better than I really am? In other words, am I a hypocrite?
- Am I honest in all my acts and words, or do I exaggerate?
- Do I confidentially pass on to another what was told to me in confidence?
- Can I be trusted?
- Am I a slave to dress, friends, work, or habits?
- Am I self-conscious, self-pitying, or self-justifying?
- Did the Bible live in me today?
- Do I give it time to speak to me everyday?
- Am I enjoying prayer?
- When did I last speak to someone else about my faith?
- Do I pray about the money I spend?
- Do I get to bed on time and get up on time?
- Do I disobey God in anything?
- Do I insist upon doing something about which my conscience is uneasy?
- Am I defeated in any part of my life?
- Am I jealous, impure, critical, irritable, touchy, or distrustful?
- How do I spend my spare time?
- Am I proud?
- Do I thank God that I am not as other people, especially as the Pharisees who despised the publican?
- Is there anyone whom I fear, dislike, disown, criticize, hold a resentment toward or disregard? If so, what am I doing about it?
- Do I grumble or complain constantly?
- Is Christ real to me?