Shawnee United Methodist Church is on a spiritual journey to Connect, Equip, and Restore in the name of Jesus Christ
Our mission is to CONNECT people to the Father through the power of worshipping Him, and to connect people with one another. We EQUIP disciples in intentional faith by forming groups and organizing our lives in such way to be generous in the work God has for us. We will RESTORE our community by undertaking challenging missions to spread the word of Jesus’ love, and by doing works of justice to put that love into action
Shawnee UMC Fall Family 1-Day VBS
October 26, 2019 from 2pm-4pm2600 Zurmehly Rd Lima, OH 45806
Our Fall Mom To Mom Sale is November 2.
Set Up: Friday, November 1st from 5:00pm – 9:00pm.
- Light Concessions (chips, cookies, and drinks) will be available for purchase.
- The front doors of the church will be the only entrance. Because some booths are located directly next to external doors, those booths ONLY will be permitted to load through those doors.
- Event Supervision will be provided during setup to ensure safety and doors will be locked promptly at 9:00pm. The building will remain secured until Saturday, November 2nd at 7:00am.
Shawnee United Methodist Church is not liable for damaged or stolen items.
Reasonable and responsible efforts will be made to preserve the continued integrity of this event
Sale Details: Saturday, November 2nd from 8:00am – Noon
- Early Bird: Admission to the sale beginning at 8:00am for $5.00
- Regular Admission: Admission to the sale beginning at 9:00am for $1.00
- Vendors may enter the building beginning at 7:00am on Saturday, November 2nd.
- Booths must be ready prior to 8:00am.
- Included with booth rental is admission for you and 1 adult helper.
- Children are included with your admission but must be supervised at your booth. Childcare is available for a fee.
- Concessions will be available from 7:00am – 12:30pm
- You are responsible to handle your own cash and to make change.
- The event lasts until Noon. Tear down does not begin until Noon. This preserves the integrity of the event and results in return shoppers for you next year. Booth cleanup must be completed by 12:45pm.
Click here to be directed to John Wesley’s 22 Questions from the UMC Website.
These are 22 questions the members of John Wesley’s Holy Club asked themselves every day in their private devotions over 200 years ago.
- Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that I am better than I really am? In other words, am I a hypocrite?
- Am I honest in all my acts and words, or do I exaggerate?
- Do I confidentially pass on to another what was told to me in confidence?
- Can I be trusted?
- Am I a slave to dress, friends, work, or habits?
- Am I self-conscious, self-pitying, or self-justifying?
- Did the Bible live in me today?
- Do I give it time to speak to me everyday?
- Am I enjoying prayer?
- When did I last speak to someone else about my faith?
- Do I pray about the money I spend?
- Do I get to bed on time and get up on time?
- Do I disobey God in anything?
- Do I insist upon doing something about which my conscience is uneasy?
- Am I defeated in any part of my life?
- Am I jealous, impure, critical, irritable, touchy, or distrustful?
- How do I spend my spare time?
- Am I proud?
- Do I thank God that I am not as other people, especially as the Pharisees who despised the publican?
- Is there anyone whom I fear, dislike, disown, criticize, hold a resentment toward or disregard? If so, what am I doing about it?
- Do I grumble or complain constantly?
- Is Christ real to me?